What Are Your New Year’s Resolutions for Politicians?
How are you feeling about D.C. in 2020?
by Causes | 12.30.19
New Year’s Eve is a day away. The 2020 election is 11 months away.
Your gym won’t vote you out if you don’t keep your resolutions, but you can ballot-box your reps on whether they keep theirs.
What resolutions do you have for the Executive and Legislative branch?
Here are some suggestions from various media outlets:
- “Both parties must agree to reform the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act court, which Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz documented was not merely affected by human error but by deliberate misrepresentations.” (Washington Post)
- “We will move no farther to the left on the political scale. We are as close to socialism as we want to be. We believe, instead, in the principles of life, liberty and property. We want to live our lives freely with the liberty to pursue our dreams unfettered by government control.” (Idaho State Journal)
- “I resolve to stand firm in the face of falsehoods. It is unacceptable for any leader to suggest that the media are ‘enemies of the people’ who dabble in ‘fake news’ or that ‘Democrats hate America.’” (Penn Live)
- “Presidential candidates should promise to cut out their rhetorical ticks. Former vice president Joe Biden needs to stop saying “I’m serious” and “No joke.” Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) must not start sentences with “So … ” Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) cannot say “billionaires” more than 10 times in a debate or speech.” (Washington Post)
- “We will have no further discussions about climate change until the Church of Environmentalism sends some of their missionaries, like Greta Thunberg or AOC, to China or India or Mexico. These nations are the biggest carbon emitters on planet Earth.” (Idaho State Journal)
- “Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) should stop posturing as a defender of the Senate and its institutions.” (Washington Post)
What do you think?
What are your New Year’s Resolutions for Washington? Take action above and let them know what they can do to make 2020 a happy new year.
IT: Biden backs waiving patent protections for COVID vaccines, and... 📴 Do you support Facebook banning Trump?Welcome to Thursday, May 6th, Freuds and Jungs...Facebook's Oversight Board has ruled that the platform was justified in its
by Causes | 5.6.21
Biden Admin to Back Waiver of Patent Protections for COVID VaccinesWhat’s the story? The Biden administration announced Wednesday that it will support international efforts led by India and South
by Causes | 5.5.21
Facebook Oversight Board Upholds Ban on Donald Trump - Do You Support the Decision?What's the story? Facebook's Oversight Board has ruled that the platform was justified in its decision to "indefinitely" suspend
by Causes | 5.5.21