The DC: 🎁 What would you gift Trump this holiday season?
Join the 34,091 people who've taken action on Causes this week
by Causes | 12.25.19
Welcome to Christmas 2019, elves and reindeer...
Is Trump on your Naughty or Nice list?
Yesterday, we asked "What Would You Gift Donald Trump This Holiday Season?"
We're still keeping the lines open during the holiday, but here are some of the responses we're able to print:
- "Give him an audible version of the Constitution" -Christopher
- "I would give President Trump a huge handshake and Thank him for Making America Great Again." -Stickyfingers
- "I’d like to provide Trump a complimentary stay for the whole holiday season in one of our wonderful border facilities to get a chance to know some of these immigrant folks personally and experience firsthand the hospitality we offer them!" -Todd
- "Putin action figure." -Delnaz
- "Two more terms" -John
- "On orange jumpsuit." -Clint
- "I would gift continued support. Best wishes for a Merry Christmas to him and his family. It’s the American way." -Diana
- "I would like to thank Trump in person for all he has done to improve people’s lives with his hard work. For all the unhappy people on Countable l wish them peace & happiness." -Joan
On the Radar
How To Win Arguments and Influence Snowflakes
President Trump’s reelection campaign launched a website on Christmas Eve with videos containing pro-Trump talking points to help supporters “win arguments with liberal friends, relatives, and snowflakes they encounter during the holidays.”
Snowflakevictory.com provides Pro-Trumpers pointers for arguing a range of issues: immigration, trade, healthcare, and “big government socialism.”
“So while your family members may buy what the fake news is selling–you have the facts on your side to fight back and set the record straight,” the site says.
Under the Radar
Seasons & Treasons Greetings
President Trump spent Christmas Eve exchanging holiday greetings with troops around the world—and lashing out against Democrats involved in his impeachment.
Trump called the troops “tremendous warriors." When one soldier asked Trump what he bought First Lady Melania Trump, the president smirked he was behind on his shopping.
“That’s a tough question. I got her a beautiful card … A lot of love. We love our family, and we love each other. We’ve had a great relationship, hopefully like you do with your spouses. I’m still working on a Christmas present. There’s a little time left. Not much, but a little time left.”
Later, Trump said Democrats “ought to look back on the last year to see how they’ve hurt this country”.
He added: “If you just go by what you see in the papers, it’s incredible what’s going on. We had dirty cops. We had people spying on my campaign. They did terrible things…it’s very sad.”
What You're Saying
Here's how you're answering Should Congress Express Support for the Freedom of Conscience?
(Follow Bradley's comment here.)
(Follow Thelma's comment here.)
Also Worth a Click
And, in the End…
Here are some scenes from Christmas' past at the White House:
Happiest of holidays,
Talk to us via email at contact [at] countable.us. And don’t forget to keep in touch @Countable.
U.S. Inflation Rose in April at Fastest Pace in 13 YearsThis content leverages data from USAFacts, a non-profit that visualizes governmental data. You can learn more on its website,
by Causes | 5.15.21
Homeland Security Committee Reaches Deal on Bipartisan Commission to Investigate January 6th Capitol AttackWhat’s the story? The Democratic and Republican leaders of the House Homeland Security Committee on Friday announced an
by Causes | 5.14.21
IT: Border apprehensions remained high in April, and... Is a lottery jackpot for COVID vaccine recipients a good idea?Welcome to Friday, May 14th, folks...U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) released its operational statistics for the month
by Causes | 5.14.21