Committee Watch: Trump Impeachment Presentations & Alleged Surveillance Abuse
How do you feel about this week's committee hearings?
by Causes | 12.8.19
Before bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by relevant committees ― which also conduct oversight of federal agencies. Here’s a look at what congressional committees will be holding hearings on this week.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
- The House Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Impeachment Inquiry into President Donald J. Trump: Presentations from the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and House Judiciary Committee”. 9am
- The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “Encryption and Lawful Access: Evaluating Benefits and Risks to Public Safety and Privacy”. 10am
- The House Oversight Committee will hold a hearing titled “Examining the Need for Comprehensive National Paid Family and Medical Leave”. 10am
- The Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “Examining the Inspector General’s Report on Alleged Abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act” featuring testimony from Justice Dept. Inspector General Michael Horowitz. 10am
- The House Transportation Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Boeing 737 MAX: Examining the Federal Aviation Administration’s Oversight of the Aircraft’s Certification”. 10am
- The Senate Armed Services Committee will hold closed hearings to examine an update on the situation and U.S. strategy in Afghanistan. 2:30pm
- The House Education Committee will hold a hearing titled “Examining the Education Department’s Implementation of Borrower Defense” with testimony from Education Secretary Betsy DeVos. 9am
- The Senate Armed Services Committee will receive a closed briefing on national security issues in the Middle East. 10am
See the full Senate committee schedule here.
See the full House committee schedule here.
Tell your reps what you think they should be focusing on and share your thoughts on the week’s schedule in the comments below!
― Eric Revell
IT: Judge slams Maxine Waters' remarks on Chauvin trial, and... 🌲 Time to legalize pot at the federal level?Welcome to Tuesday, April 20th, stoners and prohibitionists...New Mexico’s legalization of marijuana on April 12 made it the
by Causes | 4.20.21
Here’s Every State Where Cannabis Is Legal – Time To Legalize at the Federal Level?Marijuana legalization is sweeping the U.S. New Mexico’s legalization of marijuana on April 12, 2021, made it the seventh state
by Causes | 4.19.21
Judge in Chauvin Trial Rebukes Waters Over Call for Protesters to 'Get More Confrontational’ & Warns Case May Be Overturned on AppealWhat’s the story? Hennepin County Judge Peter Cahill, who is presiding over the trial of former police officer Derek Chauvin in
by Causes | 4.19.21