U.S. Economy Beats Expectations by Adding 266K Jobs in November
How do you feel about the U.S. economy?
by Causes | 12.6.19
Here’s a look at the November job numbers by sector:
- Manufacturing employment rose by 54,000 in November after a decline of 43,000 in October, which in part reflects the return of 41,000 workers who were on strike in October.
- Healthcare added 45,000 jobs, an increase over the 15,000 it added in October, which brings the 12 month total to 414,000 jobs.
- Professional & technical services gained 31,000 jobs in November, bringing the 12 month total to 278,000 jobs.
- Leisure & hospitality employment grew by 45,000 jobs, bringing gains in the sector over the last 4 months to 219,000 jobs.
- Financial services employment increased by 13,000 jobs, bringing the 12 month total to 116,000 jobs.
- Mining employment decreased by 6,000 jobs to a level that’s 19,000 jobs below its recent peak in May.
- Employment in construction, wholesale trade, and government were little changed from October.
Average hourly earnings for workers on private, nonfarm payrolls grew 7 cents, bringing the average increase for the last 12 months to 3.1%, slightly up from October’s 3.0%.
Additionally, revisions were made to the September and October nonfarm payroll reports: September’s job gains were revised upward by 13,000 to 193,000; while October’s were also revised up by 28,000 to 156,000. After the revisions, job gains averaged 205,000 over the last 3 months.
— Eric Revell
(Photo Credit: iStock.com / inakiantonana)
IT: Final 2020 presidential debate, and... 🧮 Will you demand every vote be counted?Welcome to Thursday, October 22nd, Rays and Dodgers...President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden will face off
by Causes | 10.22.20
WATCH & COMMENT: Final 2020 Presidential Debate - Our Live CoveragePresident Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden will face off for their second (third?) and final debate Thursday
by Causes | 10.21.20
National Security Officials Announce Iran Sent American Voters Intimidating Emails, Russia Obtained Voter Registration DataWhat’s the story? Officials from national security agencies including the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) held a press
by Causes | 10.21.20