Committee Watch: Next Steps in the Impeachment Inquiry, the Future of U.S.-Russia Relations, and Robots on Wall Street
How do you feel about this week's committee hearings?
by Causes | 12.1.19
Before bills and nominations are brought up for a passage vote in Congress, they typically have to be considered and approved by relevant committees ― which also conduct oversight of federal agencies. Here’s a look at what congressional committees will be holding hearings on this week.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Future of U.S. Policy Towards Russia”. 9:45am
- The House Intelligence Committee will hold a hearing to consider the report issued by the chair as part of the impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump. 6pm
- The House Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing titled “The Impeachment Inquiry into President Donald J. Trump: Constitutional Grounds for Presidential Impeachment”. 10am
- The Senate Commerce Committee will hold a hearing titled “Examining Legislative Proposals to Protect Consumer Data Privacy”. 10am
- The Senate Armed Services Committee will hold a hearing titled “Strategic Threats, Ongoing Challenges, and National Defense Strategy Implementation”. 9:30am
- The Senate Banking Committee will hold a hearing titled “Oversight of Financial Regulators”. 10am
- The House Financial Services Committee’s Task Force on Artificial Intelligence will hold a hearing titled “Robots on Wall Street: The Impact of AI on Capital Markets and Jobs in the Financial Services Industry”. 9:30am
See the full Senate committee schedule here.
See the full House committee schedule here.
Tell your reps what you think they should be focusing on and share your thoughts on the week’s schedule in the comments below!
― Eric Revell
Should Judge Amy Coney Barrett Be Confirmed to the Supreme Court?What’s the story?The Senate is considering the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court and on Sunday approved
by Causes | 10.25.20
Murkowski Says She’ll Vote to Confirm Amy Coney Barrett to SCOTUS - How Do You Want Your Senators Voting?Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AL) said Saturday that she'll vote to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, despite her
by Causes | 10.24.20
Weekly Jobless Claims Decline to Near Their Lowest Levels of the PandemicThis content leverages data from USAFacts, a non-profit that visualizes governmental data. You can learn more on its website,
by Causes | 10.23.20