Republicans Call on Hunter Biden to Testify in Trump Impeachment Probe
Do you want Hunter Biden to testify in the impeachment probe?
by Axios | 11.9.19
House Republicans proposed a list of witnesses including Hunter Biden and former U.S. envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker to testify in public impeachment inquiry hearings beginning next week, in a letter on Saturday morning.
Why it matters: House Intelligence chair Devin Nunes claims House Democrats have have failed to treat Trump with "fairness" in the impeachment process thus far by directing witnesses not to answer questions from Republican committee members and by withholding transcripts.
Who Republicans want to testify:
- Hunter Biden, former board member of Burisma Holdings
- Devon Archer, former board member of Burisma Holdings
- Alexandra Chalupa, former Democratic National Committee staffer
- David Hale, Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs
- Tim Morrison, former senior director for European and Russian affairs on the National Security Council
- Nellie Ohr, former contractor for opposition research firm Fusion GPS
- Kurt Volker, former U.S. envoy to Ukraine
- The anonymous whistleblower
- "All individuals" the whistleblower relied on to draft the complaint
What they're saying: "While in traditional hearings the minority is permitted the ability to call a witness, the resolution only allows minority Members to suggest a witness list and requires them to provide 'a detailed written justification of the relevance of the testimony of each requested witness.' ... Your failure to fulfill Minority witness requests shall constitute evidence of your denial of fundamental fairness and due process."
Read the letter:
2 Dead and Millions Without Power in Texas As Winter Storm Sweeps U.S.The Texas city of Abilene has had all of its water services shut off, as a deadly winter storm continues to pummel the state.The
by Axios | 2.16.21
In Pictures: The World Rings In the New Year Amid a PandemicNew Year's Eve fireworks erupt over the Chao Phraya river during the fireworks show in Bangkok. Photo: Mladen Antonov/AFP via
by Axios | 1.1.21
Are You Hopeful or Fearful for 2021? Here's What Americans Are SayingAre you more hopeful or more fearful about what the year 2021 has in store for you personally?Survey of 3,561 U.S. adults, Dec.
by Axios | 12.31.20