Florida Passes Gun Control Bill
Join the 29,176 people who've taken action on Causes this week
by Causes | 3.8.18
What’s the story?
In response to the Parkland massacre that left 17 dead, Florida has passed new gun legislation: the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act.
- Raises the age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21.
- Bans the sale and purchase of bump stocks.
- Requires a three-day waiting period for most firearm purchases.
- Provides $400 million for mental health services—including mobile crisis teams and school safety programs.
- Enacts the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program which would allow teachers who don’t teach in classrooms to join a school marshal program and carry guns on campus. The amendment is named in honor of the coach who shielded students with his body during the Parkland shooting.
What do you think?
Do you support these measures? Do you want to see your state pass similar legislation? Or do you side with the NRA, which resists proposals to raise age limits and waiting periods? Hit Take Action and tell your reps, then share your thoughts below.
(Photo Credit: Allexxandar / iStock)
IT: Senate voting on confirming Amy Coney Barrett to SCOTUS, and... 🚬 Do you support tobacco tax hikes?Welcome to Monday, October 26th, heroes and villains...Tonight, around 7:30pm ET, the Senate will hold a confirmation vote on
by Causes | 10.26.20
Should Judge Amy Coney Barrett Be Confirmed to the Supreme Court?What’s the story?The Senate is considering the nomination of Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court and on Sunday approved
by Causes | 10.25.20
Murkowski Says She’ll Vote to Confirm Amy Coney Barrett to SCOTUS - How Do You Want Your Senators Voting?Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-AL) said Saturday that she'll vote to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court, despite her
by Causes | 10.24.20