What's Congress Voting On? Week of March 13, 2017
Join the 27,668 people who've taken action on Causes this week
by Causes | 3.20.17
With storm clouds gathering around the nation's capitol due to incoming winter weather, Congress has a relatively full work week planned.
The Senate gets things started on Monday, when it will vote on the confirmation of Seema Verma to serve as Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The upper chamber hasn't yet announced what bills or nominations it will consider later in the week.
The House convenes Tuesday, when it will consider three bills under suspension of the rules. Its docket gets heavier later in the week, with votes scheduled on bills to give veterans due process before being denied the right to buy a gun because of mental health issues, conduct a national terrorism preparedness exercise, and give the Dept. of Veterans Affairs (VA) more authority to fire under-performing employees.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
Tuesday after 2pm (all suspensions)
- H.R. 267: Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park Act of 2017 Postponed due to weather.
- H.R. 132: Arbuckle Project Maintenance Complex and District Office Conveyance Act of 2017 Postponed due to weather.
- H.R. 648: To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to amend the Definite Plan Report for the Seedskadee Project to enable the use of the active capacity of the Fontenelle Reservoir Postponed due to weather.
Wednesday after 12pm
- H.R. 267: Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historical Park Act of 2017 Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 132: Arbuckle Project Maintenance Complex and District Office Conveyance Act of 2017 Passed 407-1.
- H.R. 648: To authorize the Secretary of the Interior to amend the Definite Plan Report for the Seedskadee Project to enable the use of the active capacity of the Fontenelle Reservoir Passed 408-0.
- H.R. 1302: Terrorist and Foreign Fighter Travel Exercise Act of 2017 Postponed.
- H.R. 1238: Securing our Agriculture and Food Act Postponed.
- H.R. 1297: Quadrennial Homeland Security Review Technical Corrections Act of 2017 Postponed.
- H.R. 1309: TSA Administrator Modernization Act of 2017 Postponed.
- H.R. 1353: Transparency in Technological Acquisitions Act of 2017 Postponed.
- H.R. 1249: DHS Multiyear Acquisition Strategy Act of 2017 Postponed.
- H.R. 1252: DHS Acquisition Authorities Act of 2017 Postponed.
- H.R. 1365: Department of Homeland Security Acquisition Innovation Act Postponed.
Thursday after 12pm
- H.R. 1259: VA Accountability First Act of 2017 Passed 237-178.
- H.R. 1181: Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act Passed 240-175.
Friday between 9am and 3pm
- H.R. 1367: To improve the authority of the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to hire and retain physicians and other employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs Passed 412-0.
Monday after 5pm
- Confirmation vote on the nomination of Seema Verma, nominee as the Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Confirmed 55-43.
Tuesday after 2pm
- H.J.Res. 42: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to drug testing of unemployment compensation applicants. Passed 51-48.
- Confirmation vote on the nomination of Dan Coats as Director of National Intelligence Confirmed 85-12.
- Vote to allow National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster to retain his rank of Lieutenant General Passed 86-10.
Pro forma session
You can tell your reps how to vote on this week's bills using the "Take Action" button.
— Eric Revell
Should the Senate Take Up Democrats' Election Reform Package?What’s the story? The Senate is expected to take a procedural vote on Tuesday that will determine whether the chamber will start
by Causes | 6.21.21
IT: 🗽 Civil Rights legislation in America, and... Do you support freezing arms sales to Ukraine?Welcome to Monday, June 21st, upper- and lower-decks...The Biden administration has frozen a $100 million military aid package
by Causes | 6.21.21
Save Me: Plastic Pollution Is Killing Sea TurtlesSea Me. Save MeSea turtles confuse plastic bags for jellyfish--they'll eat the bag, which gets stuck in their stomach.50% of all
by Causes | 6.20.21