Trump Signs Bipartisan Public Lands Package Into Law
How do you feel about this bill becoming law?
by Causes | 3.12.19
President Donald Trump signed the John D. Dingell, Jr. Conservation, Management, and Recreation Act (S. 47) into law in a ceremony at the White House on Tuesday.
- The bipartisan legislation includes more than 100 public lands & natural resources proposals, many of which were considered as standalone bills during the last Congress.
- One of its more notable provisions is a permanent reauthorization of the Land and Water Conservation Fund, which invests funds from offshore oil and gas leasing in programs to conserve public lands and resources and expand recreational opportunities.
- It passed the Senate on a 92-8 vote on February 12th, and the House on 363-62 vote on February 26th.
- The bill was originally known as the Natural Resource Management Act but was renamed to honor former Rep. John Dingell, Jr. (D-MI), the longest-serving member of Congress in history who recently passed away. His wife, Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-MI), was at the White House for the ceremony.
- Ceremonial pens that President Trump used to sign the bill into law will end up in the hands of Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee Chairwoman Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and House Natural Resources Committee Chairman Raul Grijalva (D-AZ):
— Eric Revell
(Photo Credit: Sean Spicer - White House / Public Domain)
IT: ❌ Trump allies ask courts to nullify Biden wins, and... Who should be the first to get a COVID-19 vaccine?Welcome to Tuesday, December 2, trash and treasure...Allies of President Trump want a federal court in Michigan to force Gov.
by Causes | 12.2.20
Healthcare Workers and Nursing Home Residents to Be Prioritized for COVID-19 VaccineWhat's the story? The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices voted Tuesday to recommend that the first COVID-19
by Causes | 12.1.20
Attorney General Barr Appoints Durham as Special Counsel to Continue Investigating Origins of Russia Collusion ProbeWhat’s the story? Attorney General William Barr on Tuesday told the Associated Press that he appointed U.S. Attorney John Durham
by Causes | 12.1.20