Most Americans Say $5 Billion Should Be Spent on Healthcare or Education, Not Trump's Border Wall - Do You Agree?
Vote to see how others feel about this issue
by Causes | 12.28.18
What’s the story?
- President Donald Trump is steadfast in keeping the government closed until Congress agrees to his demand for $5 billion in funding for a border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.
- But a new Business Insider poll finds most Americans would prefer the money goes to infrastructure improvements, healthcare expenses, and expanded pre-K education.
What was included in the poll?
The poll asked "What is the best use of $5.7 billion in federal funding?" and offered four options, based on ideas floated by politicians and pundits:
- "Build a portion of a wall along the US-Mexico border."
- "Fund pre-kindergarten programs for every child in the US for a year."
- "Pay the healthcare expenses for roughly 530,000 Americans for a year."
- "Fund infrastructure improvements."
What are the numbers?
- 36 percent said the funds would be best spent on healthcare expenses.
- 30 percent preferred the funds go towards infrastructure.
- 15 percent backed funding pre-K programs.
- 19 percent of respondents thought the wall was the best use of the $5.7 billion.
What do you think?
What do you think the best use of $5.7 billion in federal funding would be? Do you support a shutdown until Trump gets funds for a wall? Take Action above and tell your reps, then share your thoughts below.
(Photo Credit: iStockphoto.com / chapin31)
IT: Investigating sexual harassment claims against Gov. Cuomo, and... ⚖️ How do you feel about SCOTUS' March?Welcome to Tuesday, March 2nd, drums and bass...New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) has been accused of sexual harassment by two
by Causes | 3.2.21
Voting Rights, College Athletes’ Ability to Earn Money, & More on the Supreme Court’s March DocketThe Supreme Court will hear arguments this month in several notable cases, including a dispute over voting rights in the state
by Causes | 3.1.21
Sexual Harassment Claims Against Gov. Cuomo: How Should They Be Investigated?What's the story? New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) has been accused of sexual harassment by two women, leading to calls for an
by Causes | 3.1.21