Are You Against the U.S. Becoming More Politically Correct?
Vote to see how others feel about this issue
by Causes | 12.20.18
What’s the story?
- Americans are largely against the country getting more politically correct, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.
How do the numbers break down?
There are glaring partisan, racial, age, and gender divides on the question of sensitivity.
- 52 percent of all Americans polled said they’re against the country becoming more politically correct and are upset that there are too many things people can't say anymore.
- 55 percent of Americans under the age of 30, and the same percentage of Democrats, are in favor of the country becoming more PC.
- 76 percent of Republicans are against the U.S. upping its PC quotient.
- 52 percent of women support the country becoming more PC while 57 percent of men are against it.
What do you think?
"I think the big problem this country has is being politically correct," then- candidate Donald Trump said during a Republican primary debate, adding:
"And I don't, frankly, have time for total political correctness, and to be honest with you, this country doesn't have time, either."
And you? Are you in favor or against the U.S. becoming more PC? Take action above and tell your reps, then share your thoughts below.
(Photo Credit: iStockphoto.com / JimVallee)
Elaine Chao Used DOT to Help Family, IG Report SaysWhat's the story? Former Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao is accused of abusing her power to help her family and her
by Causes | 3.4.21
Should the Voting Age Be Lowered to 16 for Federal Elections?What’s the story?The House on Wednesday voted to reject an amendment to the For the People Act (H.R. 1) offered by Rep. Ayanna
by Causes | 3.3.21
Would You Support an RBG Monument on Capitol Hill?What's the story? Democratic lawmakers have introduced legislation to build a monument to Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader
by Causes | 3.4.21