Indonesia Relief - How Can You Help?
Join the 45,661 people who've taken action on Causes this week
by Causes | 10.2.18
What’s the story?
- Emergency crews and relief workers are mobilizing to help victims and survivors of an earthquake and tsunami that struck Indonesia’s island of Sulawesi, killing at least 1,2000. The number is expected to rise.
- A 7.5 magnitude earthquake struck along the coastal community of Donggala last Friday, triggering a 20-foot tsunami that crashed into Palu, the provincial capital with a population of 335,000.
- This video, shot by an onlooker, shows the approaching tsunami:
- At a press conference yesterday, President Donald Trump offered condolences to Indonesia and said the U.S. had sent emergency responders to assist the country.
What can you do to help?
Various nonprofits and aid organizations are working to help Indonesia recover.
- Palang Merah Indonesia: The Indonesian Red Cross, which is already at the scene.
- Aksi Cepat Tanggap (ACT Indonesia): A humanitarian foundation that accepts online donations.
- Save the Children has an ongoing Indonesia-specific fundraising campaign.
- Kitabisa.com is a crowdfunding campaign with current fundraisers dedicated to Palu earthquake victims.
- Helping Hand for Relief and Development: The international aid organization is funding immediate earthquake relief, including food, water, and medical supplies.
- World Vision: Organization focused on responding to urgent needs, including blankets, food, and clean water.
- Mercy Corps has mobilized a team of emergency responders, including experts in disaster response.
- Islamic Relief USA: This organization, aimed at eradicating poverty, has an Indonesia earthquake relief fund.
- Catholic Relief Services: An on-site emergency response team will be helping address immediate needs with clean-up kits, sanitation, blankets, tarps and more.
- Humanity & Inclusion: Funds go towards providing urgent medical care and rehabilitation, including psychosocial trauma support.
(Photo Credit: Hurriyet Daily News)
Trump Threatens to Veto Defense Bill Unless Congress Reforms Immunities for Social Media PlatformsWhat’s the story?President Donald Trump on Thursday threatened to veto an annual national defense authorization bill if Congress
by Causes | 12.4.20
Supreme Court Approves Challenge to California’s COVID Restrictions on Religious ServicesWhat’s the story? The Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a lower court ruling that upheld coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions on
by Causes | 12.3.20
Trump Gives ‘Most Important Speech’ He’s Made, Calls for ‘Full Forensic Audit’ of Mail-In BallotsWhat's in the video? President Donald Trump on Wednesday called for a full forensic audit of mail-in ballots that were cast in
by Causes | 12.3.20