What's Congress Voting On? Week of December 5, 2016
Join the 27,209 people who've taken action on Causes this week
by Causes | 12.5.16
Week of December 5, 2016
Congress has a lot on its agenda this week, with the funding for the federal government set to run out on Friday. The House is scheduled to be voting Monday through Thursday, while the Senate convenes on Monday. Check here throughout the week to see the vote results and updates to the schedule.
The House will deal with a number of suspension bills on Monday while the Senate holds a vote to invoke cloture on the 21st Century Cures Act. The Senate will need to pass the version of the NDAA that the House passed last week. Additionally, both chambers will need to pass the continuing resolution to fund the government past Friday when it is introduced.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
Monday after 6:30pm (all suspensions)
- H.R. 5015: Combat-Injured Veterans Tax Fairness Act Passed 392-0.
- H.R. 6427: Creating Financial Prosperity for Businesses and Investors Act Passed 391-2.
- S. 1635: Department of State Authorities Act, Fiscal Year 2016 Passed 374-16.
- H.R. 2726: Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Commemorative Coin Act Passed by voice vote.
- S. 795: To enhance whistleblower protection for contractor and grantee employees. Passed by voice vote.
- S. 3395: Prescribed Burn Approval Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
Tuesday after 12pm
- H.R. 756: Streamlining Energy Efficiency for Schools Act of 2015 Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 6375: Power and Security Systems (PASS) Act Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 3381: Childhood Cancer STAR Act Passed by voice vote.
- H.Res. 939: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that all students should have access to the digital tools necessary to further their education and compete in the 21st century economy. Passed 414-1.
- H.R. 6394: Improving Broadband Access for Veterans Act of 2016 Passed 411-4.
- H.Res. 932: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to third party charges on consumer telephone bills. Passed by voice vote.
- S. 2873: Expanding Capacity for Health Outcomes Act Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 4680: National Park Service Centennial Act Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 6401: Northern Mariana Islands Economic Expansion Act Not considered.
- S. 817: To provide for the addition of certain real property to the reservation of the Siletz Tribe in the state of Oregon. Passed by voice vote.
- S. 818: TO amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act to make technical corrections. Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 6416: Jeff Miller and Richard Blumenthal Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2016 Passed 419-0.
- H.R. 5399: Ethical Patient Care for Veterans Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 4150: Department of Veterans Affairs community-based outpatient clinic in Traverse City, Michigan, as the "Colonel Demas T. Craw VA Clinic" Passed by voice vote.
- S. 3076: Charles Duncan Buried with Honor Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 875: Cross-Border Trade Enhancement Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 4352: Faster Care for Veterans Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
Wednesday after 12pm
- H.R. 5143: Transparent Insurance Standards Act Passed 239-170.
- S. 3028: Daniel J. Evans Olympic National Park Wilderness Act Passed 401-8.
- H.R. 1219: Arbuckle Project Maintenance Complex and District Office Conveyance Act of 2016 Passed 412-1.
- H.R. 329: Indian Employment, Training and Related Services Consolidation Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 6400: To revise the boundaries of certain John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System units in New Jersey Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 3711: Chicano Park Preservation Act Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 6435: To authorize the Directors of Veterans Integrated Service Networks of the Department of Veterans Affairs to enter into contracts with appropriate civilian accreditation entities or appropriate health care evaluation entities to investigate medical centers of the Department of Veterans Affairs Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 5099: CHIP IN for Vets Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 6076: TREAT Astronauts Act of 2016 Passed 413-0.
- H.R. 5790: Federal Bureau of Investigation Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2016 Passed 404-0.
- S. 2971: National Urban Search and Rescue Response System Act of 2016 Passed 405-7.
- S. 2846: Small Business Innovation Protection Act of 2016
- H.R. 4298: Vietnam Helicopter Crew Memorial Act Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 6130: Holocaust Expropriated Art Recovery Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
- H.R. 6431: Promoting Travel, Commerce, and National Security Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
- S. 2854: Emmett Till Unsolved Civil Rights Crimes Reauthorization Act of 2016 Passed by voice vote.
- S. 3183: To prohibit circumvention of control measures used by Internet ticket sellers to ensure equitable consumer access to any given event Passed by unanimous consent.
- S. 1632: To require a regional strategy to address the threat posed by Boko Haram Passed by unanimous consent.
Thursday between 9am and 3pm
- S. 612: Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation Act Passed 360-61.
- H.R. 2028: Continuing Resolution for FY 2017 Appropriations Passed 326-96.
- H.R. 4919: Kevin and Avonte's Law of 2016 Passed 346-66.
- S. 2974: To ensure funding for the National Human Trafficking Hotline Passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 6450: To amend the Inspector General Act of 1978 to strengthen the independence of the Inspectors General Passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 6451: To improve Government-wide management of Federal property Passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 6452: To implement the Convention on the Conservation and Management of High Seas Fisheries Resources in the North Pacific Ocean, to implement the Convention on the Conservation and Management of High Seas Fishery Resources in the South Pacific Ocean. Passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 6480: To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2017 for intelligence and intelligence-related activities of the United States Government, the Intelligence Community Management Account, and the Central Intelligence Agency Retirement and Disability System Passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 6477: To amend chapter 97 of title 28, United State Codes, to clarify the exception to foreign sovereign immunity set forth in section 1605(a)(3) of such title. Passed by unanimous consent.
- H.R. 5428: Military Residency Choice Act Not considered.
Monday at 5:30pm
- H.R. 34: 21st Century Cures Act Cloture invoked 85-13. Passage vote still required.
Tuesday after 10am
- H.R. 34: 21st Century Cures Act Potential vote on final passage.
- S. 2943: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 Potential cloture vote.
Wednesday after 10am
- H.R. 34: 21st Century Cures Act Passed 94-5.
- S. 2943: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 Cloture invoked 92-7.
Thursday after 12:30pm
- S. 2943: National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017 Passed 92-7.
Friday after 10am
- H.R. 2028: Continuing Resolution for FY 2017 Appropriation
- S. 612: Water Infrastructure Improvements for the Nation Act
— Eric Revell
Earmarks Return to Congress as Lawmakers Propose $6 Billion in Spending on ‘Community Projects’What’s the story? Democratic majorities in Congress have ended the ban on the inclusion of “earmarks” in spending bills that was
by Causes | 5.8.21
Unemployment Rate Ticked Up to 6.1% in April as Monthly Job Growth Slowed to 266KThis content leverages data from USAFacts, a non-profit that visualizes governmental data. You can learn more on its website,
by Causes | 5.7.21
McConnell: I'm ‘100 Percent’ Focused on ‘Stopping’ Biden Agenda – Do You Support His Objective?What's the story? Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) said he is "100 percent" focused "on stopping" President Joe
by Causes | 5.7.21