This pledge closed over 2 years ago
This April, cities and states around the country will
recognize Child Abuse Prevention Month. In the Prevent Child Abuse family, our state chapters will be working throughout the month; holding events, raising awareness, and promoting the idea that we all play a role in healthy child development and the prevention of abuse.
Pledge to join us! In April 2014 we want you to pledge to work within your community to support activities and programs that help our children get the healthy starts they deserve and prevent child abuse and neglect from ever happening in the first place
· Go to your school or child-serving agency and volunteer!
· Call or write your local legislator and advocate for family-friendly policies like flex-time and increased maternity leave!
· Join your local Prevent Child Abuse state chapter at one of their events!
· Plant a Pinwheel Garden at your home or office to help raise awareness of Child Abuse Prevention Month!
· Donate to organizations that work to prevent child abuse and neglect!
Don't just pledge; show us! Take a picture, make a video, or post a status showing how you carried out your pledge. Post it on this page to show the world that you support healthy child development, and encourage others to join you!