This pledge closed almost 2 years ago
This week, your Senators will vote to reauthorize the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG). If it passes, this victory will be an important step in building a strong early learning system. Let's give CCDBG a boost by flooding the phone lines. Take action by calling your Senators today. It's easy:
· Call 202-224-3121. Tell the operator who answers the phone the name of one of your Senators. (Not sure? Look up your Senators here.)
· Once you are connected to your Senator's office, tell the staff person who answers your name and that you are a constituent (name your city and state).
· Then, say, "I urge the Senator to vote yes on the bill to reauthorize the Child Care and Development Block Grant. Thank you."
· Well done! Now, call back and ask for your other Senator.
High-quality child care is critical for the success of children and their parents. Child care provides countless early learning opportunities to children and enables parents to work so they can support their families. CCDBG was last reauthorized nearly 20 years ago. Much has changed since then, but the fundamental importance of child care funding has not. And neither have the importance of tireless efforts of child care advocates like you.
Here's what the new bill would do:
· Improve the health and safety of children in child care settings
· Make it easier for families to get and keep the child care assistance they need
· Enable children to have more stable child care
· Strengthen the overall quality of child care
Want to learn more about the reauthorization bill? Read on at the Children's Monitor: http://bit.ly/1dYjXeX
Give kids a strong start to help them flourish! Call your Senators at 202-224-3121 and urge them to vote YES to reauthorize CCDBG.