Did you know the government of NY wants to slaughter every single mute swan in the state over the next decade? Take action against the DEC's outrageous plan to exterminate 2,200 free-living mute swans with tactics like shooting them, egg destruction and sterilization...all funded by taxpayer's money.
Tell the NY government to keep their hands off wildlife and leave mute swans alone by contacting Governor Andrew Cuomo and the DEC by February 21st:
- Contact Gov. Cuomo and other elected officials to oppose the DEC plan. Call his office at 518.474.8390 or send an email: email@example.com
- Contact the DEC, which is accepting public comments to their proposal through Feb. 21. Submit in writing to NYSDEC Bureau of Wildlife, Swan Management Plan, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-4754 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also contact the NY DEC Commissioner, Joseph Martens, by calling 518-402-8545 or email email@example.com and tell him to scrap the plans to wipe out mute swans.
- Contact NY Audubon at 518.869.9731 and tell them you oppose their support of the DEC plan.
- You can also contact the Director of Conservation and Science, Mike Burger, at firstname.lastname@example.org