Every year, hundreds of thousands of pets are snatched in Thailand, then smuggled into Vietnam, destined for Hanoi's top restaurants and street stalls. Demand for dogmeat is so high that supply has become a highly lucrative – and brutal – black market. Time has come for this to end.
President Truong Tang Sang & Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to end the dog and cat meat trade from Thailand into Vietnam;
We ask President Truong Tang Sang - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and the Thai MOJ to now adopt the following implementations;
1. Ban roadside and restaurant trade of dog and cat meat.
2. Enforce tougher laws against those involved in dog and cat meat smuggling - trading and peddling. Repeat offenders imprisoned under maximum law guidelines.
3. Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to influence more programs on micro-chipping, vaccination and sterilization to reduce stray dog communities in Thailand and to reduce infectious disease from dog and cat meat smuggling.
4. Minister of the Thai Justice - Establish an Asset forfeiture Unit that will confiscate any monetary gain from traders and criminal mafia - placing seized assets from dog and cat meat trade and smuggling into policing and animal welfare.
5. Thai MOJ to establish a cross border insurgency unit with Vietnam to tackle smuggling gangs, seizing and arresting individuals and confiscating dogs and cats that have been illegally smuggled into Vietnam from Thailand reuniting pets with owners.
6. Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to engage President Truong Tang Sang to establish a multilateral cross border food and hygiene agency that will educate on alternative healthier foods thus extinguishing the "still cultural belief" that dog and cat meat has proven medical properties.
7. Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and the Minister of Justice - tackle inside bribery and corruption that sees many smugglers paying customs and governmental officers to turn a blind eye allowing smugglers to cross the border of Thailand into Vietnam at night.
8. President Truong Tang Sang - & Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to openly state on state media that dog and cat meat does not have medicinal properties or any proven health benefits.
9. President Truong Tang Sang to close down dog and cat meat farms and slaughterhouse's.
10. Close down all smuggling routes from Thailand into Vietnam via river and land.
Updates will follow.
Say No To Dog Meat.Net - By signing our petition you are helping us lobby the Thailand Prime Minister, Vietnamese President and Thai MOJ to create newer laws, adopt stringent procedures and...
Say No To Dog Meat.Net - By signing our petition you are helping us lobby the Thailand Prime Minister, Vietnamese President and Thai MOJ to create newer laws, adopt stringent procedures and actions tackling both trade, smuggling and the "still culturual belief" in both dog and cat meat trade. For more information visit us here Say No To Dog Meat.Net