This pledge closed 3 months ago
Join the campaign for conversation. With 3 simple words – TALK TO ME – you can let someone know that you care and are willing to listen without judgment.
I am pledging to:
---TALK TO ME is The Trevor Project's campaign for conversation.
Here's why this matters:
• Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among young people ages 10 to 24.
• LGB youth are 4 times more likely, and questioning youth are 3 times more likely, to attempt suicide as their straight peers.
• Nearly half of young transgender people have seriously thought about taking their lives, and one quarter report having made a suicide attempt.
• LGB youth who come from highly rejecting families are 8.4 times as likely to have attempted suicide as LGB peers who reported no or low levels of family rejection.
• Suicide attempts are nearly 2 times higher among Black and Hispanic youth than White youth.
• Each episode of LGBT victimization, such as physical or verbal harassment or abuse, increases the likelihood of self-harming behavior by 2.5 times on average.