Sign the Petition to The Palestine Liberation Organization
+4 over goal
This petition closed 17 days ago
- Once again Mahmoud Abbas the head of the Palestinian Authority has stated his willingness to give up on the inalienable and fundamental right of all Palestinians to return to their homes and lands of origin.
- During a meeting with members of the Israeli Meretz opposition Party, who visited him on Thursday August 22, 2013 in the central West Bank city of Ramallah, he stated that the Palestinian Authority will not demand the Palestinian return to Jaffa, Akka and Safad, in US-supervised negotiations with Israel. These Palestinian cities were emptied of the vast majority of their residents by the invading Zionists in 1948.
- The right of Palestinians to return to their homes and lands of origin is enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, International law and numerous United Nations Resolutions including UN resolution 194 (see Al-Awda's Factsheet http://www.al-awda.org/facts.html ).
- Mahmoud Abbas told the visiting Meretz Party delegation: "I know how concerned you (the Israelis) are, therefore I want to make some issues clear. I assure you that following the end of successful peace talks, the conflict will be resolved, we will not demand to return to Jaffa, Akka and Safad."
- We, the undersigned Palestinians, wish to assure Mr. Mahmoud Abbas that he does not represent us.
- We also call on all Palestinians to sign this public petition addressed to the Palestine Liberation Organization.
- We ask all Palestinians and our supporters to join us at Al-Awda's Eleventh Annual International Convention in Cleveland Ohio, September 6 to 8, 2013, for timely and relevant discussions. For details see http://al-awda.org/convention11