Writing to Gov. Rick Scott or Brig. Gen. Donald Jackson Jr. of the Army Corps of Engineers to express your concern about their inaction could sway their opinions and help in the fight to create a cleaner Indian River Lagoon and a cleaner environment as a whole.
Contact Gov. Rick Scott at:
Office of Governor Rick Scott
State of Florida
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001
Or by email by going to: http://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/email-the-governor/ Contact the Army Corps of Engineers: http://www.usace.army.mil/Contact.aspx
The recipiant should be "environmental" Or by mail at:
US Army Corps of Engineers South Atlantic Division
60 Forsyth Street, SW
Atlanta, GA Some points to make in your letter:
- The Indian River Lagoon/St. Lucie River is in need of immediate help.
- We want Gov. Rick Scott to fund the Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute
- Stop polluted discharges from Lake Okeechobee
- Create a filter system to clean run-off water from the roads. (Currently run-off water is being dumped strait into five different points on the river and is creating a thick "muck" settling on the bottom of the river)
- We will not hesitate to vote you out of office! (Florida Residents)
- We are very unhappy with your course of action so far