This fundraiser closed 3 months ago
WHAT: The 2013 'Angel' Graham Pound the Pavement for PBDs in conjunction with the 'Reaching for the Cure Half Marathon, 10K Run, 5K Run/Walk, 1K Kids' Fun Run & Bike Tour Event'.
WHEN: Sunday, May 5th, 2013
WHERE: Irvine Spectrum in Irvine, California.
Graham Walker Whitney was born on July 14th 1999. Just one month shy of his 1st Birthday we learned that our sweet boy was born with a rare, genetic, progressive and terminal illness called Peroxisomal Biogenesis Disorder. On May 22nd, 2009 he passed away in his Momma's arms. He is now perfectly healed and wrapped in the arms of God. He is ALWAYS in our thoughts and FOREVER in our hearts. He is our Forever 9 'Angel' Graham - AKA Gramo
Ken, John, David, and I will be 'Pounding the Pavement for PBDs' once again in memory of our beloved son and brother...our 'Angel' Graham.
And...we want YOU to JOIN our Team, 'Angel' Graham, and walk with us!!
Our 'Angel' Graham Team's URL:
GFPDs Charity Partner Page:
For Detailed Event Information go to:
All donations made here will go directly to the Global Foundation for Peroxisomal Disorders (GFPD) and will be earmarked for the Whitney Family's travel fund so we can attend the 2013 GFPD Family Support & Scientific Conference this summer.
Our family is one of many around the world who have had to learn about this rare group of disorders and the challenges that come with it. Ken and I had the privilege of attending the very first GFPD Conference in 2011 thanks to a 100% sponsorship and we fundraised our way there last year. Attending the conferences truly were experiences that go beyond words and your support allowed for us to be there. The GFPD Conference is the most significant event for families affected by PBDs. It is a once a year opportunity to learn about current research, obtain medical and emotional support, and most importantly connect with others facing the same diagnosis and eventual loss of a child.
Without financial support to help offset the cost of food, lodging, and travel, many families will not be able to attend the conference. We ask that you please consider investing in our PBD community by supporting the 2013 GFPD Conference (and the Whitney's) in one of the following ways:
1) Join our Team 'Angel' Graham using the link below to register and walk with us. Then ask your friends and family to support you in your efforts by donating here to raise funds for the GFPD. We will be participating in the 5K walk, but you are welcome to participate in any of the events offered.
5K Run: 7:15 - 8:15
10K Run: 7:45 - 9:15
5K Walk: 9:30 - 10:30
Our Team 'Angel' Graham URL:
2) Make a tax deductable donation by clinking on the DONATE button here. Every little bit helps and YOU can make a difference!
3) Spread the word to those you know who might be able to donate! Post on Facebook, Twitter, and send emails.
4) If you work for a company that supports nonprofit 501(c)(3) foundations, let me know (firstname.lastname@example.org). We have corporate conference sponsorship opportunities.
5) If you are a PBD Family, start a Team and a Cause Fundraising Event in honor of your child. The money raised by your team can be earmarked for your travel funds.
God Bless and 'Angel' Graham blow kisses (that's how our boy gave them) to you!