This petition closed 10 months ago
petition is to oppose the breed specific ban on English Bulldogs in
the Netherlands and change the breed's standards for the English
Allthough the Netherlands are the first country to make concrete plans to ban a breed because of health problems, this discussion is currently conducted in many other countries aswell. Every dog breed has breed specific healthproblems. Are we going to ban Boxers cause of heartproblems? Ban Bassets and Dachshunds cause of backproblems? Ban all larger dog species because of hipproblems?
No! It is our belief that all breed specific health problems should be addressed, and that kennel clubs, veterinarians and specialists should work together to improve the health of these wonderful dogs.
Guidelines and standards that improve the health of English bulldogs need to be implemented immediately. As responsible dog owners, we want firm and strict rules for dog breeders. No inbreeding. These breed standards should be changed in consultation with veterinary experts, kennel clubs, breeders and bulldog owners. Additionally, kennel clubs should not represent only breeders but veterinarians and dogowners as well.
Ban the real Problem not the Breeds!
Please sign this petition:
* To Stop the breed specific Ban in the Netherlands
* To change the breed standards worldwide
* To improve the general health and prevent breed specific healthproblems in all dog breeds
Let's show everybody that we Doglovers, Bulldog owners, Breeders and Kennelclubs can work together. Bulldogs are known for their big hearts, loyalty and perseverance. Let's show the world we Bulldog Lovers possess those same qualities by making a difference and saving the beautiful Bulldog breed.
Please help us and become active to help save the English Bulldog!
How can You Help?
* Share this petition with all your friends, relatives, co-workers etc.
* Post the link to the petition on websites, forums or blogs
* Print out one of the flyers and hang them at dogparks, shelters, veterinary offices, animal shops, or pinboards at work or at supermarkets
* Be creative; contact media, for those with photoshopskills make flyers, organise or go to dogevents, contact local animal organisatians
* We need representatives in every country to make this work, if you are able and willing to help and join, please send an e-mail (listed below)
* If you have any other ideas, suggestions or questions please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (Baggy Bulldogs is an online community of
Bulldog- owners, breeders and enthousiasts with no commercial intent)
Whatever you can do to get people together and to sign the petition will be of great help.To make a real change, we have to work and come together,worldwide, to save our beloved Bulldog breed.