This petition closed 4 months ago
The old newspaper reading room at the National Library at 6 Esplanade East has the legacy of housing
---Public Library from 1836
---Imperial Library from 1903.
This section has been renamed as the National Library & shifted to Alipore in 1948. But the old newspaper section remained at the same location for readers convenience.
Now this old newspaper section is decided by the authority to be shifted to Alipore which will detriment the interest of readers and research scholars.
We want to continue this heritage unit at its mother place at Esplanade.
JOIN US, SUPPORT US.