Results of a study conducted for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson (BGCC) by California Lutheran University (CLU), concluded that for every $1 invested by the Club, the community receives $16.42 worth of positive economic impact. The study also demonstrated that the Club has a positive impact on members' grades, health, and social skills, while providing a safe environment. Read more...
BE INVOLVED BE THE DIFFERENCE BE THE ONE
- 90% of parents agreed that since attending the BGCC, their child has shown improvement in his/her school performance.
- 64% of middle school Club members with grades below a "C" in math, English or both have demonstrated improvement by a minimum of one grade level.
- 92% of Club seniors graduated from Carson High School, compared to 69% of non-Club members.
With the help of supporters like you, the Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson will continue to offer impactful academic success, character & citizenship, and healthy lifestyle programs. Below are just a few ways that your contribution will support the critical work that the BGCC does in our community:
- $500 sponsors BGCC's 10-week Healthy Habits program for 50 youth.
- $250 sponsors one college bound member to a 9-week Princeton Review SAT workshop, plus covers the cost of the SAT.
- $100 sponsors the BGCC's 10-week session of Power Hour, our homework assistance program, for 15 youth.
- $50 provides 20 youth with a fine arts workshop presented by professional artists.
- Donate what you can and start making a difference!