This petition closed 4 months ago
How You Can Help
1. Sign this petition!
2. Attend City Council and Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors Meetings and let them know that you are concerned about this public safety/health issue. You can also call, email, or write them letting them know that you demand access to safe and clean beaches.
3. Report crime tips, suspicious activity, refuse cleanup, recycle scavenging, and graffiti to the City of Santa Cruz:
4. Contact numbers for Refuse Pickup (click on area for phone number)
5. Contact the Santa Cruz Police Department and let them know you are concerned about this public safety/health/crime issue:
6. Attend beach cleanups to help remove debris off of our beaches.
About the Surfrider Foundation
The Surfrider Foundation is a nonprofit environmental organization with an international network that boasts over 250,000 supporters and
100 chapters worldwide. Together we are dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of oceans, waves, and beaches through a powerful activist network. http://www.surfridersantacruz.org/
Surfrider Foundation chapters have the following primary and specific purposes:
· To safeguard and enhance the quality of surfing environments and public access to such areas.
· To educate the public regarding the importance of the oceans' waves as recreational resources and the need to preserve surf breaks for future generations.
· To provide its members the opportunity for grassroots community involvement, which furthers these objectives.
About the Surfers' Environmental Alliance (SEA)
SEA is committed to the preservation and protection of the environmental and cultural elements that are inherent to the sport of surfing. Our goals are achieved through grassroots activism, community involvement, education and humanitarian efforts. We engage in projects that strive to conserve the quality of our marine environment, preserve or enhance surf breaks, protect beach access rights, and safeguard the coastal surf zone from unnecessary development. www.seasurfer.org