Nigeria as a nation need to make provision for counseling and rehabilitation of renounced and expelled campus cultists. The concerned authorities should pay right attention to the menace. Records and security system in our schools should be improved to check the influx of expelled cultists operating within academic environments.
Influential people who seek release of cult members ought to be investigated. Law and order have been jeopardized by corruption and selfish goals. Key officers and staffs of higher institutions of learning in Nigeria are not supposed to be members cults. Government and schools as bodies should not be used to fund and protect cultism.
Lecturers and staffs of institutions who are cult members go as far as forcing some of their students or fellow staff into cultism, or extort them, or harass them, or terrorize them. They pictured themselves to be above the law, to be well connected to top people in the society and always get away with crime or wrongful acts, even when caught. People who do not have rights should stop walking around with guns and cult body guards.
The Federal Government of Nigeria, government of the 36 states of the country and other concerned agencies should stop wasting huge amount of money to pamper cultists, thinking they are combating the menace. It is not good when some cultists are placed on monthly and weekly salary benefits from government and individuals for jobs they are not doing. It means cultism is profitable and such impression is very wrong and must be corrected. The public must be rightly informed through campaigns to discourage using cultism to enrich anybody, or connect with the top people in the corridors of power, or pamper cultists.
THEREFORE, WE CITIZENS OF NIGERIA WANT GOVERNMENT TO CHECK ALL MANNER OF TERRORISM IN NIGERIA!
1) THE PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA SHOULD GO ON PUBLIC T.V. AND RADIO TO DECLARE THAT NO POLITICIAN, GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL, MEMBER OR STAFF, IN ANY SCHOOL, REGISTERED BUSINESS, PUBLIC OFFICE, STUDENT, PARENT, TUTOR, OR STAKEHOLDER IN NIGERIAN EDUCATION INDUSTRY SHOULD BELONG TO ANY CULT. THOSE WHO BELONG SHOULD BE GIVEN THE GRACE TO RENOUNCE.
2) GOVERNMENT SHOULD CONSTITUTE COMMISSION TO BEGIN INVESTIGATION INTO AND RUN A COMPREHENSIVE DATABASE ON ALL CASES OF CAMPUS CULTISM AND OTHER RELATED ATROCITIES IN NIGERIA. ENSURING THAT GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC OFFICES ARE SANITIZED OF CULT MEMBERS AND AGENTS!
3) GOVERNMENT SHOULD INTRODUCE AND INCULCATE ANTI-CULT LESSONS INTO CURRICULUM FOR ALL LEVELS OF EDUCATION IN NIGERIA. CREATING FORUM THAT ENCOURAGES UP-TO-DATE COUNSELING AND REHABILITATION SERVICES FOR VICTIMS, PERPETRATORS AND OTHERS INVOLVED IN CAMPUS CULTISM, TERRORISM, CRIME AND OTHER WRONGFUL ACTS.
4) GOVERNMENT SHOULD PUT DISCIPLINARY ACTION IN PLACE AGAINST ANYBODY WHO SUPPORT, SPONSOR OR PARTICIPATE IN CAMPUS CULT ACTIVITIES. NO MATTER HOW HIGH PLACED IS SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS, PUNISHMENT ACCORDING TO THE LAW SHOULD BE ENFORCED WITHOUT CORRUPTION. ALL SENIOR CULTISTS (THAT IS THOSE WHO ENCOURAGE CULT ACTIVITIES) SHOULD BE WARNED AND MADE CRIMINAL IN NIGERIA!
5) RELEVANT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES AND MINISTRIES SHOULD RUN PROGRAMMES THAT FOCUS ON AND EDUCATE MORE AGAINST CAMPUS CULTISM, TERRORISM, CRIME AND OTHER RELATED WRONGFUL ACTS. THIS PROGRAMMES SHOULD REACH OUT TO ALL YOUTHS ACROSS THE NATION AND ALSO USED TO CONNECT SCHOOLS AND STAKEHOLDERS, BUILD COOPERATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP OF THE PUBLIC TOWARDS RE-ORIENTATION, UNITY, PEACE AND PROGRESS OF NIGERIA.
This petition closed over 3 years ago
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013, a young lady, Rahamat, was sexually abused and killed by a notorious cultists, David Ndako, who was claimed to have been expelled from while he was in 500-level at the...
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013, a young lady, Rahamat, was sexually abused and killed by a notorious cultists, David Ndako, who was claimed to have been expelled from while he was in 500-level at the Federal University of Technology (FUT), Minna. According to the report, he abused his victim sexually and killed her as sort of new year celebration.
This incident happened in Rafin Yashi area of Bosso town in Niger state. After abusing her sexually and killing her, Ndako was said to have dragged the headless body of the girl to the toilet in the apartment before wrapping the bleeding head in a Bagco super bag which he carried on his way out of the compound. His neighbors became suspicious when they noticed blood dripping from the bag. They challenged him and discovered that he was carrying the severed head of the innocent lady. He was handed over to the police. Since then, what happened?
Before this incident, campus cult killings were deliberately overlooked by the Federal Government and other concerned authorities in Nigeria. This particularly continue to promote terrorism, violence and bloodshed in the nation. No matter the kind of eye service those concerned are paying to issues of high insecurity in the country. Terrorism perpetuated by people in the high positions of power is now contributing more to the high state on insecurity in Nigeria.
The menace of campus cultism have not been given the right attention, rather the evil is encouraged by same government claiming to be fighting what it has degenerated into, like Militants in the Niger Delta, Boko Haram in the north, armed robbery, kidnapping, rape, assassination, and so on.
To read more about Rahamat, click here: http://www.nigerianinfo.com/2013/01/500-level-student-of-futminna-molest-beheads-girl-celebrating-new-year.html