This fundraiser closed 3 months ago
The Haven for Children is a stable, safe and nurturing, home-like environment that offers temporary, emergency and residential shelter care for young children who have suffered abuse, neglect or abandonment in the Central Florida area.
Our program's goal is to nourish and protect the children in our care and guide them toward positive self-growth. Currently, we have three homes that serve an average of ten children each. Three shifts of trained staff provide 24/7 care 365 days per year.
One of the most damaging consequences of abuse is the effect it has on a child's self-esteem. Through specialized therapy by a licensed clinical social worker, children begin to have their past history of abuse addressed in the hope of resolving their losses.
By donating to our cause, you will be helping us continue giving top quality care to our children. We may not be able to change the world, but we can start, one child at a time.
Suggested Donation Levels:
• $10 - Provides snacks for school for one of our children.
• $25 - Buys a suitcase for an adopted child to take to their "forever family."
• $50 - Purchases new shoes for a child.
• $100 - Covers "Back to School" costs for a child.
• $250 - Enables us to take a group of children out for a fun activity.
• $500 - Helps us send a child to an overnight summer camp.
• $1000 - Covers two weeks of meals for one of our three homes.