This petition demands strict control on liquor consumption from Govt. of India, which includes following:
- All liquor stores in the country should close by 6PM.
- A person't ID should be checked and recorded at the time of selling liquor.
- Alcoholic drink's must not be sold to person under age of 18.
- The liquor should be sold only in limited quantity to each person.
- Liquor should not be easily available.
- Strick punishments for liquor merchant's who do not adhere to the laws.
- Enforce the responsible consumption by doubling or even tripling the punishment when a person commits crime (or drives vehicle) under the influence of alcohol.
This petition closed over 3 years ago
Limitless and uncontrolled consumption of Alcohol in India has been a root cause of many crimes (including rapes), accidents, domestic violence, etc in the country. The average per person alcohol...
Limitless and uncontrolled consumption of Alcohol in India has been a root cause of many crimes (including rapes), accidents, domestic violence, etc in the country. The average per person alcohol consumption in India is highest in the world, but still there are no strict rules in India limiting consumption of Alcohol. All stores close in India by 9PM, but liquor stores remains open till late in the night. These stores aren't even legally required to check the id of person and they don't even check whether the person is above age of 18 or not.
High consumption of alcohol has been a cause for following listed crimes:
- Gang rapes
- Domestic Violence
- Irresponsible driving, causing accidents and killing innocent people.