This fundraiser closed 3 months ago
Dear Sisters and Brothers,
We're on a mission to win and we need your help to get there!
By making a financial contribution today, you can support FUREE members in carrying out our big plans to win justice in 2013. In the coming year we resolve to:
● Strengthen our vision for racial, gender and class equity by developing a Theory of Social Change and a Five-Year Plan to further expand our power at the grassroots.
● FUREEous Youth will release a report on the state of youth jobs in the city and will launch a city-wide youth economic justice platform.
● Our Public Housing Campaign will expand the fight to preserve NYCHA developments and to win the re-opening of the Gowanus Community Center.
● Our Accountable Development campaign is building a diverse alliance of stakeholders to counter the power of luxury developers in Downtown Brooklyn.
● Members are engaging their neighbors in three public housing developments in Brooklyn to improve their communities through the groundbreaking Participatory Budgeting Project.
● We are ramping up our voter organizing work to further activate the nearly 15,000 voters we contacted this year to be ready to fight for a more just NYC in the city-wide 2013 elections.
The New Year is right around the corner. Our need for your support is urgent. A year end gift of $500, $100, $50 or even $10 will not only help sustain FUREE as a bottom-up organization led by the people we serve, it will help us get closer to winning the changes our members imagine and envision.
If you would like to make sure we get there, please become a monthly sustainer - for as little as $10 per month - or whatever you can give. Individual donors are increasingly important in keeping grassroots organizations open in the face of shrinking foundation dollars.
All donations go to support our members' goals and every single cent adds on to the FUREEous fire! Contributions support things like transportation to a press conference, trainings for FUREE leaders, to keep our offices open and available to grassroots leaders or to pay for member internships to build our members' skills in community organizing.
We you thank you all for supporting us throughout the years and wish you peace and prosperity this Holiday Season.
P.S.: The reality is, change is hard and on-going work. It goes beyond just wishing for it. We really want you to be an active part in helping us win justice. Please let us know you believe in our work and give today!
Families United for Racial & Economic Equality (FUREE) is a tax-exempt, [501 (c) 3] nonprofit organization. No staff or representative of the organization provided any goods or services in exchange for your contribution. A copy of our financial report is available upon request or by contacting the NYS Attorney General's Office. Please check with your tax specialist for any possible benefits available to you for your contribution. Tax ID #: 20-0092728
If you prefer to send a check or money order, please make it payable to "FUREE," and mail to 81 Willoughby Street, #701, Brooklyn, NY 11201. Thank you!
Families United for Racial & Economic Equality (FUREE)
81 Willoughby Street, #701
Brooklyn, NY 11201