Everyone wants to do their part in helping the families in Newtown Connecticut, however I say we help families across America. It takes one person to start a grassroots effort to do "something" to assure more safety efforts are taken while our children are at school. I'm that one person willing to fight for the children and staff's safety... but I need help. Don't skip over this petition; leaving it for "others" to sign. Show the world you care, give children back their sense of security while they're at school. Sign the petition and invite your friends to keep this going. Remember, it's an effort to Keep Our Children Alive!!!
Coincidently, one and a half hours before the Connecticut Elementary tragedy took place, my daughter asked about her safety while she was at school. I told her that the school staff took mine & her dad's role in protecting children during school hours. While this is true, the schools' staff has no way of knowing when a masked gunman has decided to wonder in with the intent of killing whoever crosses their paths.
With this in mind, it’s my belief that every elementary, middle, and high school should have:
* An automatic door locking system installed that locks all outside doors with the flip of a switch.
* There should NOT be any glass near, or on doors that lead to the buildings entrances.
* Visitors should be required to ring a bell, where at that time the office staff will be able to communicate through a two way communication device.
* The school staff should ALSO have the ability to view prospective visitors through a camera installed outside the front door.
* Upon entering the school all visitors are required to sign in at the schools office.
* Local police officers should be assigned to patrol school grounds throughout school hours as extra precautionary measurements.
We're asking every school board throughout the United States to make these changes, (and more if applicable), in an effort to keep our children alive.
Thank you in advance for your effort in having these changes made!
In response to the Elementary School shooting in Connecticut on 12/14/12 we feel more security measures should be taken to guarentee our children's safety while on school property.
If the government can transfer money from one fund to another to cover insignificant tasks, then they can find the means to pay for improvements to our childrens' schools for the sake of their safety!