An appeal to Election Commission of India for demand of amendment in 49(O) rule for effective Right to Reject.
What is 49-O: Rule 49-O is a rule in The Conduct of Elections Rules, 1961 of India, which governs elections in the country. It describes the procedure to be followed when a valid voter decides not to cast his vote, and decides to record this fact. The apparent purpose of this section is to prevent the election fraud or the misuse of votes.
Elector deciding not to vote: If an elector, after his electoral roll number has been duly entered in the register of voters in Form-17A and has put his signature or thumb impression thereon as required under sub-rule (1) of rule 49L, decided not to record his vote, a remark to this effect shall be made against the said entry in Form 17A by the presiding officer and the signature or thumb impression of the elector shall be obtained against such remark.
We demand for amendment in 49(O) rule:
1. RTR button should be made available in EVM.
2. If RTR votes are more than the votes attained by a winning candidate, then election be declared cancelled/ null & void.
3. Nominations of winning candidate & all other contesting candidates should be cancelled.
4. All cancelled candidatures should not be allowed to re-contest for 10 years atleast.
5. No family members should be allowed to contest election from rejected candidates.
6. No body should be allowed to contest from more than one place simultaneously.
In this petition you can send invites to 50 people maximum in one click. If you need to send more than 50 invites then please follow the below mentioned procedure.
• Click on “Invite Friends”
• Select 50 friends
• Click on “Send Invites”
• Once “invite” is sent, the “Send Invite” page will reappear.
• Again select 50 friends and click on “Send Invites”
• Repeat the process till you send invites to all of your friends.
So, now don’t delay. Send this information to everybody. Also, join us on www.facebook.com/rejectall
This will be the first and foremost step to stop corrupts entering in Loksabha, Vidhaansabha or Municipal Corporation. Anna Hazare supports Right to Reject. RTR will be his key point in his all india tour from January 2013. Lets achieve the target of 1 Cr. people signing the petition for inclusion of RTR button in EVM.