I support The Cornell Store and Society for Natural Resources Conservation (SNRC) in their commitment to a sustainable Cornell by eliminating single-use plastic bag which:
• remain toxic, even after they break down.
• about 1 million are used every minute, and a single plastic bag can take 1,000 years to degrade
• over 1 trillion are used every year worldwide. The U.S. alone goes through 100 billion of every year; this costs retailers about $4 billion per year.
• Are the second most common type of ocean refuse (after cigarette butts), and clog oceans, often killing many organisms.
• will save students and the Cornell store $ on material costs.
This petition closed about 1 year ago
Eliminating plastic bags at The Cornell Store will make Cornell University one of the most progressive universities in the United States!