This fundraiser closed 2 months ago
Do you know a talented, young musician who is dedicated to leading a healthy lifestyle?
The Partnership at Drugfree.org, in conjunction with the GRAMMY Foundation® and MusiCares®, is kicking off the back-to-school season in search of young musicians (ages 14-18) to compose or create an original song and/or music video that promotes and celebrates healthy living and/or appropriately depicts a story about drug abuse. In our efforts to raise awareness of addiction and recovery, we encourage teens to submit their powerful messages of struggle, hope and triumphant healing.
The first, second and third place winners will each receive:
• A trip to Los Angeles to attend the 55th annual GRAMMY Awards® Backstage Experience, a unique backstage tour taking place as artists rehearse live for the GRAMMY awards;
• Placement and exposure of their musical entries on the GRAMMY365® website, MTV Act Blog, and the Above the Influence campaign website;
• An iPad, equipped with the GarageBand app;
• The opportunity to release a record with Iron Ridge Road Recordings, courtesy of Clarity Way of Hanover, PA; and
• A certificate from the GRAMMY Foundation and MusiCares in acknowledgment of each winner's activism in disseminating of health information on substance abuse.
A cash award of $500 will go to the first place winner; $250 to the second prize winner; and $100 to the third place winner courtesy of the Visions Adolescent Treatment Center in Malibu, California.
Submit a musical entry now at drugfree.org/teensmakemusiccontest.
We look forward to honoring our nation's most talented and inspirational musicians.
Youth Service Leader
The Partnership at Drugfree.org
P.S.Text DRUGNEWS to 50555 and reply YES to receive timely text alerts on the news you want as a parent, friend or supporter of our cause. Sign up today!
Message & data rates may apply. Full Terms at mGive.org/T