“Moral standards of a society are only as good as moral standards exhibited by its Legal and Judicial System”
Naveen Kumar Singhal
The Hon’ble President of India, New Delhi.
Subject : Representation for installation of CCTV cameras and microphones with real time recording of audio and video of court proceedings in every court room presided over by any Judicial or Quasi-Judicial Authority, including the Supreme Court and High Courts with a right to every litigant or advocate to obtain copy of such audio and video recording of the proceedings of the litigation to which he is party.
I/We hereby endorse the request/demand for installation of CCTV cameras with microphones in every court room to have real time audio and video recording of the proceedings of the court with an option to litigants and advocates to have digital copies of the daily proceedings to arrest the rapid decline in judicial standards. Such a move, if implemented, will go a long way in creating unwavering faith among litigants that “Justice is not only being done but it is manifestly seen to have been done”. Such a system would also encourage honest and hardworking members of the bench and the bar to improve their standards and the honest and hardworking members of the bench and the bar could expect to be judged by the quality of their work. Furthermore provision must also be made to append a recording media like SD/Micro SD cards of appropriate capacity with every file dealt with by Judicial or Quasi-Judicial Authority to transfer the recording of that particular file on such card for future references. This request has support of General House of Bar Association, Rohtak vide resolution dated 28-03-2012.
This endorsement is in support of request registered as Request/Grievance Registration Number : PRSEC/E/2012/03823 dated 15-03-2012 with your office and similar such representations made to the Chief Justice of India, Chief Justices of High Courts and Executive Heads of States.
Dated : ________________
Request/Grievance initiated by: Naveen Kumar Singhal, Advocate, Chamber No. 124 and 273, District Courts, Rohtak-124001. M-9466447025 and registered with the office of The President of India as Registration Number: PRSEC/ E/2012/03823 dated 15-03-2012.
Note: Please do send a copy of this letter of support to the Chief Justice of India, the Governor and Chief Justice of your State and to the initiator of this request.
To sign the petition online please visit:- http://www.causes.com/actions/1666855
In a democracy, true democratic freedom and one's rights can only be enjoyed if there is a vibrant Judicial System, working in free and fair manner to support enjoyment of such rights by citizens....
In a democracy, true democratic freedom and one's rights can only be enjoyed if there is a vibrant Judicial System, working in free and fair manner to support enjoyment of such rights by citizens. With vast disparities in incomes, where often rich are pitted against poor, powerful are pitted against powerless, it is imperative that Justice is not only done but is manifestly seen to have been done and the citizens must be aware of the day to day working and functioning of courts. Further the kind of powers enjoyed by Judiciary in a democracy makes it important to have appropriate checks and balances to prevent abuse of such powers by rich and powerful. Installation of CCTV cameras will ensure appropriate checks and balances and proper appreciation of submissions and testimonies made before a court of law.
I may enumerate many legal reasons but as this petition is not intended only for persons connected with legal system and due to constraints of space I am avoiding listing those reasons. But still I request that you must sign this petition if you subscribe to any of the below mentioned views:
1. If you think that equal set of facts must have equal result in a litigation.
2. If you think that every person must receive equal treatment before a court of law.
3. If you think that the litigation in India take years only because of the Lawyers or the Judges.
4. If you think that most of the persons concerned with the Judicial System whether Lawyers or the Judges are corrupt.
5. If you think that Presiding Officers in courts of law in India can be influenced.
6. If you think that legal rights in India are not receiving due protection under the Justice Delivery System.
7. If you think that all the Lawyers or the Judges are as learned or not so learned as they tend to call each other.
8. If you think that only high profile cases highlighted in the media are expedited and receive due attention in courts of law in India.
9. If you think that your oral testimony must be understood in the court in the sense it is intended by you. i.e the sense of what is submitted in not lost in the jugglery of words while reducing the oral testimony into writing.
10. If after winning or losing your litigation you have not been able to understand why you won or lost the same.
11. If you have ever been confronted with statements like cases can be won by influencing the opposing Lawyers or the Judges.
12. If you have ever paid or thought of making payment of money to any person to influence the opposing Lawyer or the Judges.
13. If you think that cases are decided in courts of law otherwise than on considerations of legal submissions.
14. If you think that truth is not appreciated and only lies are all pervasive in courts of law in India.
15. If you think that you have a right to know how courts of law functions without getting entangled in litigation.
16. If you think that the difference between theoretical law and its practical application must be known to every person.
17. If you think that inefficient Lawyers and Judges are required to be eradicated from Justice Delivery System.
These are few of the possible reasons that I could think of while uploading this petition. I shall try to add some more as and when I am able to think of more reasons.
You may also take a printout of the petition and send it by snail mail to authorities and persons mentioned in the petition