TO: HARPER, the Right Hon. Stephen, P.C., B.A., M.A..
Office of the Prime Minister
80 Wellington Street
Ottawa, ON K1A 0A2
REGARDING: The negative treatment and discrimination against Native Women of Canada!
Campaigning for Native Women Canada, Social Justice, Culture, Traditions, Language, Land, Employment, Housing, Health Care, Security, Family Laws, Social Services, Protection, Incentives To Have Children; because so many were murdered in residential school and foster care, Education, and Legal Hereditary Rights for our Children
1) Native women experience Triple Jeopardy Discrimination from the time they are born: being a woman, a woman of color, and living within a lower income.
2) Native women experience racialized sexual violence from media images, news print, education - history, employment, from a partner or spouse, strangers, and within the layers of the Justice System, directly caused from the history of colonization and oppressive domination through the Indian Act. We want dignity, respect, and a voice!
3) Native women in North America are five times more likely than other women of the same age to die as the result of violence according to statistics North America
1. Native Women Need Housing, To live with Warmth, Safety, and Security
2. Native Women Require Proper Health Care, Education, Employment, and Training.
3. Native Women Want a Political Voice in North America; because they are denied basic human rights within the layers of the justice system and society
Native Women of Canada Campaign for a Voice and Immediate Changes and Revisions of Policy and Legislative Acts to remove Racialized Sexual Violence and Discrimination toward Native Women of Canada!!!
"WE DON'T WANT PITY, WE WANT EDUCATION AND JOBS, WE WANT EQUAL HUMAN RIGHTS AND RECOGNITION OF OUR LIVING FAMILY LAWS, CULTURE, TRADITIONS, AND LANGUAGE"
Federation of Indigenous Women Canada
Coast Salish Territory
Exercising internal and external Sovereignty Rights under the Creator
Native Women have lived under the longest and most violent Act of Cultural Genocide in the History of the World. Native Women want a Voice across all layers of Policies and Legislation.