RMHC-UM creates, finds and supports programs that provide a caring community for families with seriously ill children. This charity increases children's access to health care services.
In addition to providing daily lodging to 68 families on any given night, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Upper Midwest creates a sense of community while reducing costs of daily living.
The accredited K-12 Southwest Airlines school is located inside the RMH – Oak Street, licensed through Minneapolis Public Schools. Full-time instruction is provided to both patients well enough to attend and siblings in grades K-12. Our school is just one example of the relevant programming that’s been developed to best serve families while they are battling a child’s critical illness. During the summer months, special activities and field trips are planned daily, including visits to the Minnesota Zoo, Valleyfair, Vertical Endeavors, the library and many more!
We rely on volunteer support to bring our mission to life. Cooks for Kids is our most popular volunteer program. Organizations, groups and individuals prepare home-cooked meals for families - providing sustenance at the end of the day and an opportunity to connect with others. To learn more about being a CFK volunteer, visit: http://www.rmhc-um.org/cooksforkidsmain.html
To learn more about RMHC-UM and all of the programs we offer to support families, visit www.rmhc-um.org
1. We help to keep families together and strong while their child faces the stress of serious pediatric illness or disease.
2. Through generous donations from donors, organizations and volunteers we provide service and hospitality.
3. Our innovative programs such as the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile which provides dental care to the under-served populations in the 14-county metro area
4. Our new Ronald McDonald House inside Children's Hospital, Minneapolis serves local families with a child in one of 3 intensive care units.
5. This is a charity truly unique in its mission and we need support and visibility now more than ever