To abolish psychiatric diagnostic systems like DSM
With DSM 5 just around the corner, it's time to campaign to do away with the harmful and non-scientific practice of using psychiatric diagnosis for those who experience mental distress. Find out more by reading the campaign manifesto below:
1. Psychiatric diagnoses are not valid
2. Use of psychiatric diagnosis increases stigma
3. Using psychiatric diagnosis does not aid treatment decisions
4. Long term prognosis for mental health problems has got worse.
5. It imposes Western beliefs about mental distress on other cultures