To ensure writers opposed to the sexual abuse of children have an advantage in marketing their book over those who support the sexual abuse of children.
I have struggled for a year and a half to get my first novel, which portrays the effects of child sexual abuse in a very accurate, complex and informative way, represented by a literary agent or published by a small press. Meanwhile, A Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure sells 3000 copies.
As both a protest and a quest for justice, I am making my first novel, Efforts to Save the Meat Rabbits, available as an e-book.
Half of the proceeds I gain from its sale will be donated to Prevent Child Abuse NY, an organization I have been involved with for most of my adult life. I will also let other not-for-profits that work to end child abuse and sexual assault sell it as a fund-raising tool. I invite other writers who talk about child abuse, rape and domestic violence to partner with me, as we try to garner support for each other's works. And if you are simply not interested in the novel, I still encourage you to learn about and support Prevent Child Abuse NY in any way possible.
A Pedophile’s Guide to Love and Pleasure sold 3000 copies. I am hoping Efforts to Save the Meat Rabbits sells at least twice that many. I want to believe that there are more people in this world interested in helping children and fixing this world than harming children and society.
1. Writers have a unique ability to change the world.
2. Survivors have a unique perspective, one that is necessary to create a world free of child abuse, domestic violence and sexual assault.
3. The standard publishing world DOES NOT want to publish works from survivors, despite many commercial successes from survivors.
4. As survivors, we can, and should, help each other's voices be heard.
5. As survivors, we can and should be philanthropic and help causes that seek to rid the world of child abuse, sexual assault and domestic violence.