Many Roma have little opportunity to enjoy the 'normal' experiences we take for granted: such as having great food at Christmas. Since 1996 we've worked in Transylvania to help change this.
We have been working with the Roma in Transylvania for over fifteen years: providing a medical clinic, clothes, food, as well as other natural, plus educational, and spiritual help.
Each Christmas we supply about 270 food packets and shoe box gift packages for Roma in Pata Rat and Lunca Mures.
More info:: www.yvminstry.com
1. 5% of the Romanian population is Roma/Gypsy. Lots of government programs for them do exist: ON PAPER only!
2. The Roma are outcasts in their own nation - Romania. Both the majority Romanian & minority Hungarian populatons are strongly prejudiced vs the Roma.
3. Though we can't change society, we can impact individuals & families. We invest in the Roma through educational, health, & humanitarian outreaches.
4. An investment of just $14 will enable a Roma family to enjoy SEVERAl meals this Christmas!
5. Each family receives: Rice, Flour, Corn Meal, Pasta, Sugar, Oil, Choc Bar, Margarine, Salami, Tea, & Coffee.