Raise awareness of the economic effects of importing out of state construction workers to perform work in Nevada.
Nevada's construction industry is facing 70% unemployment a higher level than during the Great Depression. Millions of dollars are being spent by the Federal, State and Local Governments as well as private industry, in an attempt to improve the economy through job creation. Such efforts will never be successful as long as we continue to export those jobs to out of state workers.
1. For every three local construction workers employed in an area there is one job created in the service industries in the area.
2. Workers who come from out of the state do not create a positive impact on the local economy.
3. Workers who are imported from outside of the state take the money they earn back to their home state.
4. Most out of state contractors import thier work force with them, taking not only their earnings, but the workers earnings out of the local economy.
5. Nevada's economy will never recover as long as those who are generating construction jobs are willing to export those jobs.