Inform Others About & Prevent Gay Teen Suicide
Gay teens are often isolated, tormented, harassed, beaten, and disowned in an intolerant and ignorant society. Mental health studies have shown that depression and anxiety are extremely common-place in people who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans-gendered, or questioning. The hardship of being a teen, gay, and depressed can be overwhelming and often times leads to suicide.
Suicide is the third leading cause of death for ages 10 - 24 and gay teens are 4 times more likely to commit suicide than their straight peers.
Gay or straight, a person should never have to feel suicide is the only way out. However, due to the alarming percentage of suicides that occur among teens, gay teen suicide is an extremely vital issue that is, for the most part, unknown to many.
Help spread the word. Help save a life.
1. Suicide is the leading cause of death for young adults
2. Gay teens are up to 4 times more likely to commit suicide compared to straight teens
3. Every 5 hours, a gay teen tragicly ends their own life
4. Suicide is not an answer, it's a problem.
5. If you are considering suicide PLEASE Call 1-866-4-U-TREVOR. No matter how much it hurts, it will hurt more people by not calling.