The Animal Legal Defense Fund is committed to winning the case against cruelty, but we can't do it without you.
Every day, the Animal Legal Defense Fund receives reports of horrific abuse- dogs brutally beaten, cats burned alive, horses left abandoned in frozen fields without food or water and, sadly, so much more.
But laws protecting animals are only as good as their enforcement-and unfortunately, district attorney and law enforcement offices many times lack the resources or the special expertise needed to prosecute criminal abuse cases.
That's why the Animal Legal Defense Fund's expertise and support in putting criminal abusers behind bars is so vital to protecting animals in communities around our country. By providing direct funding for forensic investigation of crimes against animals, training for humane officers who oversee crime scenes and for the formidable veterinary and cost-of-care expenses for animals rescued from abusers, ALDF ensures that attorneys have the evidence they need to put abusers in jail - while animal victims are allowed to heal from their trauma.
1. $25 Will provide medicine to a dog rescued from a filthy shelter being sued by ALDF.
2. $50 Will pay for fingerprint analysis in a cruelty investigation.
3. $100 Will subsidize DNA testing necessary in the case of a serial cat killer.
4. $250 Will fly in an expert witness to provide critical testimony to convict an abuser.
5. $500 Will pay for the necropsy of a dog who died of neglect in a criminal case against a hoarder.
Donations Go To
ANIMAL LEGAL DEFENSE FUND
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 94-2681680)