Appalachia Service Project (ASP) is a Christian ministry, open to all people, whose vision is to eradicate substandard housing in Central Appalachia and equip and inspire lives of Christian service.
Appalachia's poorest families urgently need your help, but they can help change your life, too. Because Appalachia Service Project (ASP) is more than just a building program. When you move to help those in need, God moves in your heart. And when you change the lives of others, they have a way of changing you.
After a few days of hard work repairing homes with Appalachia Service Project (ASP), your hands will grow a little tougher, your arms a little stronger, and your relationship with God a whole lot deeper. And you’ll return home to your community with a passion for service, a renewed compassion for other people, and a fresh appreciation for your place and purpose in this world.
We like to say that our goal is to make homes “warmer, safer and drier” for needy families in rural Central Appalachia. And for more than 40 years, 250,000 volunteers have done exactly that for 14,000 families. Yet for all that, we are only able to serve one in ten families who apply to us for help. We need many, many more people to help make a lasting dent in Appalachian poverty.
In other words, we need you.
So come on and join us. Log on to http://www.BuildANewYou.org today to find out how to volunteer or make a gift. Invite your friends to join our Cause, serve or donate.
Sure, you’ll install insulation. Repair porches. Reinforce foundations. But even more importantly, you’ll build a whole new you.
Join the ASP Online Community
>> Get the latest dirt: RSS Feed
1. We believe that each person is a child of God imbued with dignity and worth.
2. We accept people right where they are and just the way they are.
3. We believe that affordable, safe, sanitary housing is a basic human right.
4. We are committed to witness through the good quality of our work and careful stewardship of our resources.
5. We believe God calls volunteers to serve others as partners in ministry and we will encourage their growth in faith as they are involved in this service.
6. We believe where ASP is involved in local communities we will encourage, affirm, and support social and economic justice.
Donations Go To
Appalachia Service Project, Inc.
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 62-0989383)