The mission of the National Autism Association is to respond to the most urgent needs of the autism community, providing real help and hope so that all affected can reach their full potential.
Today, 1 in 88 individuals is diagnosed with autism, making it more common than pediatric cancer, diabetes, and AIDS combined.
I can almost promise you know someone affected, as my brother has Asperger's Syndrome.
Think Autism Cause Founder
The National Autism Association [the cause this group helps fund] helps those with autism by:
- funding important scientific research to determine the cause of autism to prevent it in the future and treat those with autism now
- provide a Helping Hand grant program that gives money to families of autistic individuals in need – helping them pay for treatments and other critical services, that without us, would not be possible
- fund the FOUND program - providing lifesaving wristbands to individuals with autism who are at risk of wandering
- fund a Family First program that provides counseling services to families who are threatened by divorce thus disrupting very vulnerable children’s treatments and services
- lead national and statewide advocacy efforts to urge our lawmakers in Congress and legislatures to provide sorely needed autism research money, write new policy and uphold education laws to help those in need.
1. Autism now affects 1 in 88 children in the U.S.
2. NAA provides real help to families affected by autism.
Donations Go To
NATIONAL AUTISM ASSOCIATION INC
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 20-0032380)