~~~PAW is currently looking to add administrators to help do the research and community out reach that needs to be done so that we can reach our goals faster. If you are interested please e-mail me at email@example.com~~~
This is my action plan for protecting the wolves in America, please feel free to e-mail me if you have any ideas or disagreements.
1. Find main problem states
2. Find main target areas in each afflicted states and contact local businesses/government agencies about supporting our cause.
-find different options of support to offer
3. Petition businesses/government agencies that support wolf hunting/de-listing
4. Do research: get statistics on
-1) each afflicted states wolf population
-2) unaffiliated states with good numbers of wolf populations,
-3) on wolf hunting laws in each state (because even if we can't make it illegal we could still possibly get the laws tweaked to lessen the numbers of wolves killed each year)
# When researching all statistics I recommend only verifiable numbers be used there cannot be room for wiggle here if we want anyone to take us seriously.
# I think it would be a good idea to post links to any great (and trusted) resources.
# To add on I recommend to look for corresponding trends that favor the survival of the wolves. *****If we give presentable enough information we can apply to re-enlist the wolves on to the Endangered Species Act of 1973, state by state.
5. Contact other causes/groups/petitioners that have good numbers of supporters/actions about pulling together resources.
6. Contact politicians/businesses that support the hunting of wolves and petition against them. Do research to look for any financial benefits to maintaining a stable wolf population.
#Governor Matt Mead
#Secretary Ken Salazar
8. Investigate Facebook causes and other online causes that support wolf hunting, find fallacy in their research and if they propose good arguments, propose even better ones. This will help with future negative critics should we ever start to make a difference we have to understand we are battling a lot of deluded and violence hungry people as well as well-meaning citizens that are ill informed.
9. Contact PETA?
10. Bring it to Congress and eventually to Obama.
Ive talked to some others about this and to begin with our efforts may be short from ignored but if we do this the right way, one baby step at a time I think we can really make a difference. Hopefully we can do it soon enough to save the wolves the government and politics are creating a wolf Apocalypse... but hopefully with the re-election of Obama who has promised to help causes like this, we'll have his support.