Our mission is to protect America's farm and ranch land.
Facts about Farmland
America loses two acres of farm and ranchland to sprawling development EVERY MINUTE!
63 percent of our dairy products and 86 percent of fruits and vegetables are in the path of development.
American Farmland Trust has helped save over 2 MILLION ACRES of farm and ranch land
Productive farm and ranch land is a finite resource as fertile soils take thousands of years to develop and are irreplaceable.
Get Involved! 9 Ways You Can Help in 2009:
1) Join this cause
2) Tell your representative to protect America's farm and ranch land from sprawl
3) Spread the word: Get a free No Farms No Food Bumpersticker:
4) Join the American Farmland Trust Facebook Page:
5) Read our '7 Ways to Save Farmland'
6) Follow American Farmland Trust on Twitter
7) Get Our Farmland Protection Toolbox
8) Learn about challenges facing farmers
9) Educate your community
1. Protect the land by supporting effective state and local farmland protection initiatives;
2. Transform U.S. farm policy to strengthen the future of American agriculture;
3. Plan for agriculture to keep farming viable and help communities balance growth while protecting working land;
4. Keep the land healthy and productive by encouraging stewardship practices that safeguard our nation's natural resources.