The SADS Foundation exists to save the lives and support the families of children and young adults who are genetically predisposed to sudden death due to heart rhythm abnormalities
Each year 4,000 children and young people die suddenly due to cardiac arrhythmias. Most of these are preventable.
SADS Warning Signs
Family history of unexpected, unexplained sudden death in a young person
Fainting (syncope) or seizure during exercise, excitement or startle
Consistent or unusual chest pain and/or shortness of breath during exercise.
For more information and a risk assessment form:
www.StopSADS.org or 1-800-STOP-SAD
1. Increase awareness of SADS and SADS warning signs
2. Enhance patient and family support
3. Expand education to health care professionals
4. Increase advocacy for research, screening (diagnosis) and medical treatment
5. www.StopSADS.org and follow us now on Twitter: SADSFoundation
Donations Go To
The Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndromes Foundation
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 87-0492100)