Adopt-A-Classroom increases opportunity for student success by empowering teachers with community partners and funds to purchase resources for the classroom.
Teachers, our education system’s most integral component, suffer from inadequate resources in the classroom, which, in turn, hampers their ability to meet students’ needs. To compensate, teachers spend an average of $1,200 of their own money every school year - totally $4 billion annually - purchasing materials for their classrooms, undermining teacher morale, and ultimately student success.
1. A donor selects a classroom and makes a contribution for the teacher to use and purchase much needed resources for the classroom.
2. Adopt-A-Classroom directs 100% of the donation to the classroom teacher and takes $0 out for administration.
3. Donors hear directly back from the teacher and students throughout the school year.
4. Donors receive Impact Reports that detail item-for-item, dollar-for-dollar how the donations are used.
5. The result is a meaningful contribution to education in which donors can celebrate in a classroom's success.