Thanks for donating
Can you help us reach our goal of $20,000 raised?
15 people donated
Invite friends to donate to the fundraiser
Thanks for donating!
Spread the word by inviting friends
Selected friends ()
0 of 1 batches sent
Check the "Don't ask again" box below and you won't have to confirm the next time you send invitations
Remind your friends to donate to this fundraiser
EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS!
AWARE builds community and challenges all forms of poverty through recycling...
...and We NEED your help to continue
What began with a truck and a dream is now a growing non-profit business that will do over $800,000 in cash flow by the end of the year. That's nearly a million dollars pumped directly back into our local community's economy!
- 2009 AWARE begins a recycling collection program to raise funds for local and global causes.
- 2011 AWARE receives $50,000 grant from University of Phoenix to open Downtown San Diego's first recycling center.
- 2012 AWARE's Labor to Recovery program helps over 15 individuals work their way out of homelessness and addiction since that time.
- 2012 AWARE diverts over 1,000,000 lbs. of reusable material from our landfills! (This was accomplished with just one small recycling buy-back center in operation).
- Our partnerships with several renowned local programs (such as Boys & Girls Clubs, San Diego Rescue Mission, Salvation Army, San Diego Reuse Committee and many others) have already served to further the focus of our mission.
We recently moved our recycling center to 1435 Imperial Ave. in Downtown San Diego (conveniently located a few steps away from Petco Park - the home of our Padres - and San Diego's busiest Trolley stop at 12th & Imperial). It is a busy area for recycling, but anyone familiar with the area will know that our new location also provides us with an amazing opportunity to help our community on a whole new level! Here addiction, prostitution, homelessness, violent and nonviolent crimes are extremely common. This month we will begin our morning classes and monthly community block cleanup (classes offered will begin in the following fields: meditation & prayer; self-defense; legal aid; education; business management and entrepreneurship). We will also continue to build and expand our Labor to Recovery program.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! ...Even though we have accomplished a lot of good and seen many lives changed, over the past year we have been hit with a series of seemingly-insurmountable struggles that have made it difficult to continue without a financial transfusion.
AWARE has a proven track record of helping homeless individuals off the streets by providing green jobs, raising perpetual funds for charities through a new innovative business model, and saving our planet through massive recycling efforts in places where none were previously being made.
PLEASE DONATE...and help us continue to make a difference in San Diego.