Complete and total Sovereignty of all Indigenous People ~ Indians ~ Native Americans.
To: The US Government and the UN for recognition of sovereignty of all Indigenous people.
The Indigenous Preservation will support indigenous people to ensure their rights and freedom through education, social service, and economic initiatives so their cultures and languages will both endure and prosper.
16,342 people signed a petition
Recent NY Times and The Wall Street Journal Statistics of The Pine Ridge Reservation, South Dakota, USA.
* 97% of of the population at Pine Ridge Reservation live below federal poverty line.
* The unemployment rate vacillates from 85% to 95% on the Reservation.
* Death due to Heart Disease: Twice the national average.
* The infant mortality rate is the highest on this continent and is about 300% higher than the U.S. national average.
* Elderly die each winter from hypothermia (freezing).
* Recent reports point out that the median income on the Pine Ridge Reservation is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year.
* At least 60% of the homes are severely substandard, without water, electricity, adequate insulation, and sewage systems.
* Recent reports state the average life expectancy is 45 years old while others state that it is 48 years old for men and 52 years old for women. With either set of figures, that's the shortest life expectancy for any community in the Western Hemisphere outside Haiti, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Update #3Posted by Cynthia Tibet Refuge (Campaign Leader) on Apr 3
Please keep signing and sharing. The Native American community is taking this petition in a call to action. Your support matters now more than ever! Thank you sincerely.
Update #2Posted by Cynthia Tibet Refuge (Campaign Leader) on Oct 10, 2012
John Ferguson's Memorial will be held at the
Chattahoochee River Park on
Saturday, Oct. 13th, 2012
Update #1Posted by Cynthia Tibet Refuge (Campaign Leader) on Aug 8, 2012
Invite friends to sign the petition
Thanks for signing the petition!
Spread the word by inviting friends
Selected friends ()
0 of 1 batches sent
Check the "Don't ask again" box below and you won't have to confirm the next time you send invitations